My main important goals for 2023 are:
1. Evaluate existing unfinished projects to decide to either
- Rework the pieces for some other idea
- Donate or pitch in the trash
2. Finishing quilts for Harris County Emergency Shelter which temporarily houses teenagers which include:
- Quilt tops given to me
- My own quilts — which in a few cases have turned out to be the parts & pieces from other unfinished projects
To avoid getting too lopsided in one direction or another, I’m planning to take a day or two each week to work on my own projects.
I was very proud of the strong finish I had in January. When the month closed, I had 4 quilt tops ready to be pieced on the longarm, the backings prepared and binding cut, pressed & wound. Several included parts & pieces from unfinished projects. One (the blue one below), in particular, started as a table runner and was expanded into a strippy quilt section. It’s definitely a step in the right direction! Such a relief to have these organized.
I also put the hurt on my scrap stash with 6 large improvisational rectangles that will be a quilt top.