Thursday, June 16, 2022

Second Improvisational Quilt

When I finished the last improvisational quilt top, there were still plenty of strips & bits leftover.  So, I just   started another one!  I’m amazed how easy it is to start new projects.  ðŸ˜ŽðŸ˜Ž.  Yesterday I looked at my tub of improv pieces.  Lo & behold!  I think my 15 odd strips will work well with the started panels.  It will be Fabulous to combine all this into a lively quilt & empty that tub.  Did I say Empty?  

I’ll stitch this strippy style on the longarm where I piece & quilt simultaneously.  I’m aiming for a queen sized quilt with a wild colorful backing. I’m going to divide the sections with the solid turquoise fabric. I think some solid divisions will help all the chaos of the pieced sections.  
I anticipate giving this quilt to Hawkins.  He asked for my mom’s quilt  but I couldn’t give it to him!  Like her, he likes colors.  











Mocking up part of the 2nd panel.  That panel should be finished today.  

Join the Conversation! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!