Saturday, February 4, 2023

The Grateful Threads Project 2022 Foster Quilts

 I know, it’s been a hot minute!  Life happens.  I’m having a great time spending time with friends, family and studio.  

I was honored to present 18 quilts to the Youth Services Tulsa transitional housing for young adults.  Hawkins and I took a weeklong camping trip that saw us visiting Texarkana up to Bentonville and over to Owasso OK to visit with my lifelong friends and deliver the quilts.  It was the first trip in the newly painted camper.  It got a lot of attention! 







A selection of the quilts we took to Owasso for the foster program (below).  



 Improvisational knit quilt from reclaimed thrifted clothes.  Very cuddly. 



One of my “signature” strippy quilts 


I was very tickled to figure this quilt out.  Another strippy quilt featuring the dog panels circa 1990. 


A bunch of misfit 9 patch blocks combined with purple fabrics.   The Square in a Square setting is always a good layout. 


A lovely use of a printed panel quilt.  The large floral squares are nicely complemented by modified 4 patch blocks. Quilt by my friend Barbara


 This fabulous quilt had my head spinning.  Sharilyn is a math professor. She and her mother work together on quilt tops I quilt for The Grateful Threads Project.  She always uses interesting layouts. 


Thanks for Joining the Conversation! 
If you would like to view all the quilts given through The Grateful Threads Project, my Pinterest board is here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!