Monday, February 10, 2020

Thrifting Deals: End of the Winter Sale

I had to make a post office run this morning and I knew my favorite thrift store was hosting its winter clearance starting today.  The two businesses are about 2 blocks from each other.  Even though I told myself I wasn't going to the thrift store, who am I kidding?



There was a surprisingly large amount of what I consider summer weight sweaters included in the 50% off winter selection.  Houston indoors in the summer can be cold with air conditioning blasting so I like a nice little summer sweater.  

I chatted with the associate doing markdowns in the skirt section and she happily marked down my skirt too.  

Cotton Sweater = $1.67
Cotton Skirt = $1.91
Total Outfit  = $3.58 + tax


I love a cotton cardigan I can wear buttoned up with a summer skirt.
This sweet little sweater has some nice details.

Cotton Sweater = $1.87




Another pretty summer weight sweater that looks hand knit that will be nice paired with slacks or a skirt.

Cotton Sweater = $2.47

I'm a sucker for chunky cardigans especially when they are blue, half price and new with tags.

This Christopher and Banks sweater has great details.  It also looks hand knit.

Cotton & Ramie Blend Sweater = $4.80 





I absolutely could not leave this Blue Distressed look Sweater  behind.  Again, it meets all my criteria for a wonderful sweater.

Cotton new with tags LL Bean Sweater = $4.80




Total Shopping Receipt = $18.97

Not bad!  Not bad at all!

Please Join the Conversation!
Any good deals in your shopping cart lately?

💬💬💬

7 comments:

  1. Goodness gracious, girlfriend... you made a haul! Beautiful pieces, and I can see why you could not resist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm already wearing the blue sweater. It's cold and rainy today and it is perfect with my denim skirt and paisley Tommy Bahama shirt (previous thrift buys).

      Delete
  2. Score! Love these items you found and the best part you could not have bought 1 of these items for the price you paid for all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Plus these are name brands that definitely retail for much more money than I can afford.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Me too! I've worn it twice since I purchased it. Definitely a favorite!

      Delete
  4. Wow, it's a great haul for such a small ticket price! I have four new sweaters from a bunch of things given to a friend. She went through, then invited me over to go through. I just love each one of them, though only one is really winter wear, and two are definitely spring or summer, while the last one, I'm not sure, but I love it anyway. Your thrifting sounds like an opportunity I would have loved, especially with skirts on sale, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!