Sunday, February 9, 2020

Collage Strips: 2nd Strip

Having a dedicated space for handwork is encouraging!

I sat down for a bit last night and was able to accomplish a good amount of work.  While I stitched I listened to Dictators, a podcast on Spotify produced by Parcast Network.  The series, Dictators, is available on many podcast sources.  I just happened to hear the advertisement on Spotify.   It's an excellent series and I look forward to listening to the next installment soon. 

As a child growing up in Germany and then later as a teenager we relied heavily on the radio for information and entertainment during the day.  Even stateside as a teen I remember dialing into the radio station to listen to serial broadcasts.  I think it's the reason I never became a huge TV watcher.  I do however watch PBS TV on Sunday nights.  I love a good bit of eye candy!  I can't quite decide if this season's best eye candy is Sidney Parker of Sanditon (although my son's father was a man reminiscent of James Stringer) or Detective Rheinhardt of Vienna Blood (he would only be eye candy-he seems a little slow on the uptake for me personally).  😎😎

The 2nd strip is almost finished. 



The top section is left to be stitched.  I've mocked up how I think I would like the embellishment bits to look. 
I love that I love little bits of serged seams!  They are textural goldmines. 

Whenever I work on pieces such as these collage strips, I usually replay the dialogue in my mind:  "But you have boxes and boxes and boxes of full pieces of fabric, why are you fiddling with these tiny scraps?"  and I don't have an answer.  While it is fulfilling to sew big pieces and send them off to their next life, the little pieces left behind hold a charming spell over me too.   I couldn't have a life of only one or the other.  They both exist to be honored.


 My lovely friend, Cindy of the blog: YooHoo Cindy Lou sent one of her brooches and matching earrings to me last week.  They took a field trip to some Houston art galleries yesterday. 



Please Join the Conversation!

What new old friends are you discovering in your stash lately?

Is it Sidney or Detective Rheinhardt?

💬💬💬


6 comments:

  1. You look marvelous, Debra, and your outfit is stunning! Thank you for the kudos and for modeling my flower & earrings! Fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the brooch! My favorite two colors: pink and blue!

      Delete
  2. I love your scrappy pieces with all the embellishments. It looks like you are having tons of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are like little nuggets of candy! Thanks Angela!

      Delete
  3. What a nice outfit, and the jewelry compliments things perfectly. I'm glad we live in a world where we don't have to choose to be one thing or another! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having so much fun just putting all kinds of fashion ideas together! :-)

      Delete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!