Friday, February 14, 2020

Friday Finishes: Studio Dress & Quilt

This week has been a wonderful week of finishes!  Yea!

Laura was over on Wednesday and we finished her belly dance vest.  It's fabulous!  She'll send pictures for me to share when she is in full costume.  I can't wait to see it!

I had a little to finish up on my Studio Dress.  It had been laid aside since Christmas.  I'm wearing it today!  It's so fun!!  It has a slight hitch--the middle section which is the original sweatshirt is not as heavy as the added patchwork so the dress wants to pull backward.  To balance that I added a knitted scarf Barbara knit for me.  The scarf adds nice detail on top of all the pink and adds the necessary weight to the front.  It's a nice win-win.  Use the Label "Reclaimed Clothes" for more pictures of the construction.




The 2nd Finish is a quilt top Angela sent me.  It's headed to the Houston Furniture Bank under my Grateful Threads Project.  I am working this year to provide twin sized quilts for the bunk beds they give children through their No Kids on the Floor Initiative. 

This is a very scrappy quilt sewn from a great big mix of cotton prints.  I'd sent a box of scraps to Angela in either 2018 or 2019 for some other projects.  I didn't expect to see them back!  It was fun to see them sewn into this very useful quilt.  It was also fun to see the set of curtains I had used for the backing and binding disappear.  I normally stay away from light colored backings but this heavy cotton has a nice brushed texture & the curtains were a perfect size.






Please Join the Conversation!

Do you have a Friday Finish?  

Happy Valentine's Day!  

💬💬💬

4 comments:

  1. Another great quilt collaboration! I'm still hoping to make some tops for you, but I can't be sure - it depends on how long my son's leg takes to heal. The last three weeks have seen me get about a total of 5 hours of sewing time. =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no rush on the quilt tops. I still have enough to quilt until at least early spring.

      Delete
  2. What a fun dress, and yes, great collaboration on the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! and the scarf is the perfect accessory!

      Delete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!