Saturday, February 1, 2020

On the Design Wall: 9 Patch Quilt

It's absolutely wonderful to have a design wall again!  It's so much easier to lay out a quilt when you can stand back and see it.
I pulled some 9 patch blocks I stitched last year.  These will become a quilt for the Houston Furniture Bank under The Grateful Threads Project.  Lots of miscellaneous fabrics are being cut and sewn into simple 9 patch blocks, log cabin blocks or lengths for strippy quilts.  I can piece while I'm in the mood then pull them together later when I want to machine quilt. 

I plan to devote big chunks of time next week to piecing & finishing quilts.  Wish Me Luck!



Gosh, I love a good scrap quilt!  They are so appealing to me! 

What kind of quilts do you like? 

Join the Conversation! 
💬💬💬

2 comments:

  1. Nine-patches are so versatile; I love them too! And if you alternate them with a same-sized block with snowballed edges, it makes a great pattern. I started a scrap quilt today (sewing a couple test blocks before leaving on vacation) of a bright charm square bordered by low-volume strips. Kills two birds (neutral strips, rainbow charm pack) in one go. I love that you’re gearing up to do more charity quilts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could probably stitch a year's worth of 9 Patch variations. They are like candy to me!

      Delete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!