Thursday, January 30, 2020

Remembrance Quilt: Bennie

The healing power of Remembrance quilts is really amazing.  It's a journey for both the recipient and for me.  I enjoy sewing the pieces together to tell the story of the person's life and his/her connection in the relationship.  It's always special when I can embroider a quote or saying on the label!

This quilt was sewn and delivered this week.  The back has all the Hawaiian shirts and the front has a variety of clothes.  I left all the pockets functional so little notes or pictures could be added.  I also stitched 3 small pillows.  Due to the different textures and weights of clothing I did freestyle piecing & stitching design.  These are the most spontaneous quilts and I think the fun to sew.  The loopy stitching always reminds me of the long life (and marriage) of a couple and the winding path their journey follows from beginning to end.

The wife was very pleased!

No photo description available.

Join the Conversation!
What clothes would be in your quilt?
Mine would be full of denim! 

💬💬💬

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!