Thursday, January 2, 2020

Studio Reorganization Continues, Lost Count of the Days!

I'm down to the final stretch.  I think. Maybe.

Yesterday was a productive day.  I'm pretty stoked I was able to bring 2 very large fabric tubs from my storage room to the space under my longarm.  They are predominantly filled with gifted fabrics in 1 yard or less lengths (including scraps) that are earmarked for scrap quilts for my The Grateful Threads Project to benefit children assisted by the Houston Furniture Bank. When I start sewing again I'll concentrate on the flannel first.  I have a pretty good supply I'd like to use.  I washed and folded all of it yesterday.  Heck, that in itself is a major accomplishment!




I'd like to think I could empty these 2 tubs by the beginning of the summer but realistically it's probably going to take me through the end of 2020.  That sounds like such a long time away, doesn't it?  Truthfully 2019 kinda slid right out of sight.  I'm proud of the projects I accomplished in 2019.  I'm still on course to eliminate my entire stash in 10 years (well, 9 beginning this year.)  I'm going to begin something I have a very hard time doing:  Saying No! to offered free fabric.

The other resource collecting on every studio surface are the trimmings from the quilts.  The latest amounts are in a smaller tub.



Lots of good pieces in there!  

2020 goals are to produce 2-3 new raw edge collage pieces, a few table runners, and some small canvas collages each month.  They will be available on-line.  I'm planning an active internet sales presence.

I was a little worried about my embroidery supply storage.  I managed that well.  Everything is housed together now right next to the machine.  Pretty efficient. 



I'm working through lots of old and some gifted thread spools.  I'm going to experiment with hand quilting thread on my longarm to see if it will accept it.  If so, I can unload a pretty good amount of hand quilting thread this year too. 


The frames take a pretty good sized space.  I added them with my paltry assortment of longarm rulers.  I've about decided ruler work is not for me.  I'll stick with freehand scribbling!  



I'll use this thread immediately and recycle those spools.  

Here's what is left for attention!


A serious amount of kitchen towels to be embellished.  Everything is picked out and paired up.  It just needs to happen.   These will be for sale on-line.  Truthfully, I'm not looking forward to working on them but I need to get them finished and recoup my money.  Might have a few other projects mixed in. Who knows?


This is a stack of IKEA curtains that were hanging in the Bentwater house.  Laura and Brent used them a few years and returned them last week.  They've faded to a nice patina and I think they will work well for my studio windows.  They are very long and the sides are hemmed so most of the work has been finished.  My studio faces west so I need protection from that hot summer sun.  It would be nice to have the door and window curtains matching.  

The culled books and patterns to list on-line are in 3 piles on my worktable (that is supposed to remain clear!).  I took what I could to my library.  I'd like to say they graciously took all I offered but they didn't want the magazines.  At this point those may just land in the recycle bin.  



More decorative items to offer on-line.  I may try Facebook Market first to save some effort. 

 I wonder what I can finish today!

Please Join the Conversation! 
💬💬💬





6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're getting back to selling online. I'll work on a few quilt tops. I still have a lot of fabric left.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No rush! I still have about 20 tops to finish from 2019. Thanks as always for your help.

      Delete
  2. It looks to me as if you have accomplished a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check with the volunteers at the hospitals tonsee if they would like your magazines - especially M. D. Anderson. When people have to stay at or near the hospital for treatment magazines are appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea! Might encourage a lot of people to become quilters! Ha! Ha!

      Delete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!