Friday, January 3, 2020

Reissued Vintage Vogue Patterns

I'm determined to lose 20 pounds before the summer days hit Houston.  They have gradually piled on and this winter I said, "Enough!".  I have lots of clothes I can wear if I drop the weight.  I'm more interested lately in designing a wardrobe (either with sewing or thrifted clothes) that suits me.  So I'll be adding any clothes with that in mind.

As I was culling through sewing patterns yesterday I unearthed some Vintage Vogue ones reissued by Butterick Pattern Co.  I bought these about 8 years ago as a way to use some large pieces of fabric I have.  Truth be told, I still have the large pieces of fabric and the patterns are uncut!  Looking at them I could see an obvious style preference.  Last night I saw a very cute dress on Instagram from an Asian company called NincompoopCapacity that used reclaimed pieces.  I immediately thought of the patterns. 






This is the fun dress from Nincompoopcapacity! 




What do you think?  Fun, right?

Please Join the Conversation!
Do you have some fun clothes planned for Spring or Summer?

💬💬💬

4 comments:

  1. Those are some classy patterns, reminds me of the dresses my Mom used to wear in the 40s & 50s, we have a lot of old photos. I always wished I had the tall and slim body for those styles. Mom at 5'10" and being very slim as a young woman was perfect to wear them.
    I'm not much into polka dots but all the colors in that dress are definitely fun. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, being tall and slim helps carry this look well. I'm hoping I can pull them off. I can guarantee my waist won't be as tiny as the illustrated waist!
    I envision some reclaimed dresses sewn into these styles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s a great collection of patterns. I don’t think I could pull it off: I seldom wear dresses, mostly because the shoes required to go-with are not comfortable. But it’s a lovely look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely a pattern there! Snark! I like the new one you found at the bottom. It seems more you as you are now. Definitely wore those others in the 60s, too. Very Mrs. Kennedy. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!