Sunday, January 5, 2020

Beautiful Saturday

After grocery shopping I decided to drive over to an office park nearby and see if I could step out a mile or two.  As it turned out, I could!  I'm trying to walk in a variety of locations so boredom doesn't set in.

I was also very encouraged by my weigh-in on the grocery store scales.  I've officially dropped the first 10 pounds of my weight loss journey.  Yea Me! 

Lots of concrete but I did manage to find a few little garden spots.




winter roses are blooming around Houston 



Mirrored glass windows are perfect for selfies!  It got so warm I was able to tie my sweater around my waist. 

Quilts are Everywhere!  



Winter Pansies 


My "Photography Booth" in my studio is a real gem.  I'm so glad Brent mentioned the idea of using the alcove for photos.  Once I got home I was able to photograph and list 12 patchwork aprons in my Poshmark store.   Send anyone you know looking for an apron over to buy one!  They are all $25 + postage.

Debra Dixon Design

Fun patchwork sewn from a thrifted tablecloth

Debra Dixon Design

Sewn from a thrifted sundress skirt

Debra Dixon Design

Batik Apron 

Join the Conversation!  
What's happening in your 'Hood?
💬💬💬


4 comments:

  1. I love the new look of your blog! Keep getting those steps in, you’re looking great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Time to dust off the ole blog and breathe some new energy into it. I'm moving away from strictly sewing topics and embracing a wider variety of topics as they happen in my life.

      Thanks for coming along on the journey!

      Delete
  2. Super new picture of you in the upper right corner! Ten pounds, congratulations!

    Pretty aprons, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!