Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Happy New Year!

I walked around the Methodist Hospital and Texas Children's Hospital yesterday.  It was a beautiful day; gorgeous blue sky and just fabulous for walking.  I particularly liked walking here because it was a good balance of paved and natural surfaces.  I'm fond of landscaped areas and Houston's public gardens don't disappoint.

Texas Children's Hospital has whimsical sculptures sprinkled around the open natural areas.  I was especially attracted to the colorful balls outlining the hospital's entrance.



It's fun with the letters tumbling about the hillside; gives a subtle invitation to children.



Look at that beautiful blue sky! 


Most public gardens are planted with pansies this time of year.   When I moved here from Chicago I was astonished that the perfect pansy planting time was the 1st of November.  



Metal trees

The grounds dividing the two hospitals used to be prairie.  The landscapers kept the prairie look with  large pools of water, tall grasses and fountains. 




Healing garden outside the hospital is covered in vines and features a solemn reflection pool


Inside the lobby is the bronze statue: Jesus Healing by Houston artist Willy Wang



Ginger with Fern - nice combination


The grounds in front of the hospital are peppered with Houston's beloved Live Oak trees.


  
The prairie dividing the hospital grounds from the frontage road of Interstate 10 which runs west to east through the middle of Houston.




I was ducking in and out of the trees both in shade and sunlight; not being able to see what I photographed in either light.  When I spied the crepe myrtles on the hill I wanted to take a picture.  When I walked toward the hill after taking the picture I reached for my sunglasses.  Nada.  So I  retraced my steps in and out of the trees and found them on the ground.  Dang glasses!




With my glasses planted on my face I spied the security robot roaming the parking lot.  Cute guy! 


A nice 2 mile walk!  I'm glad I explored the hospital's grounds.

Please Join the Conversation!  

Do you ever explore spaces you drive by often?
💬💬💬


NOTE:  I am removing my blog from Bloglovin'.  I have a large number of followers through Bloglovin' with suspicious backgrounds.  There is no way to block them on Bloglovin'.  I don't want to participate with a platform that doesn't monitor followers who could be involved in unscrupulous activities.  You can continue to follow my blog through Email (sign up in the right hand sidebar) or check back often.  I'm a faithful and regular blogger.   Thanks! 




3 comments:

  1. So weird that I left a comment here and it didn't show up! It looks as if you could walk for miles there, but I know it isn't that big. Thanks for sharing your adventure!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!