Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Embroidered Blouse

I don't know; maybe 2 years ago I bought this embroidered blouse at the Family Thrift Store Clearance Center.  Now for an item to make it all the way to the Clearance Center it has to languish on the floor of the regular thrift store at least 6 weeks.  If it endures a few price reductions & still is unsold, it gets bundled for the trip across town to the Clearance Center.  Once it arrives it has 5 days before it is bundled for who knows where; probably the Ragman.  Each day of those 5 days it gets reduced from $1.50 - .50.  I showed up when this blouse was at its lowest point in life; 50¢.

I've always maintained denim was invented for me.  Truth be told, if I could have an entirely denim wardrobe, I would.  Add embroidery and I am over the moon.  Throw in a discount and Hallelujah!

Yesterday I had a meeting & wore my embroidered blouse with a jean skirt. (And was complimented!) It's just so perfect; right weight, long sleeved, semi-fitted, short but not too short, embroidered, right shade of denim (technically it's chambray).  It fits about 6 out of my 6 clothing criteria. 

This morning when I was deciding what to wear, I looked at my blouse on the chair.  Yes, it's true.  I don't always hang up my clothes immediately. 

This, this ran through my brain:   Maybe I shouldn't wear that today.  Maybe I should save that for the days I go out in public.

Go ahead and laugh.  It's OK.

This blouse has been technically, out of style for years. 

But, you know what?  I don't give a flying fig.  I love it.  I'm wearing it to an important meeting today.  I'm meeting my Creative Spirit.  We're spending the day together. 



I've dropped 13 pounds.  Looking forward to wearing my old wardrobe that is waiting patiently for my return.  

Join the Conversation!
What clothes do you cling to with every fiber of your life?  (See what I did there?)

💬💬💬

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the weight loss. And for us women of a certain age, we are brave enough to thumb our noses at the fashion slaves. After all, isn’t it most important to wear what we like, especially if it fits well, makes us happy and is eminently affordable? To heck with the rest of the criteria!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! I had a young lady give me a compliment on my outfit the other day. She said, "I always enjoy seeing what you were in here (restaurant/Sundays after church) because it shows your individual style." OK, I'll take that any day!

      Delete
  2. Isn’t it wonderful to find a piece that you love so much? Congratulations on your weight loss! I’m still on track, losing a pound a week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great story about the shirt. Congratulations on losing 13#! That’s not easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I took a good look at my wardrobe and it's 75% denim!

      Delete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!