Thursday, January 16, 2020

Throwback Thursday

As I've mentioned I am participating in a month long challenge on Facebook with a daily business prompt.  Because I want my blog to be a more personal side of my life, I'll use the #ThrowbackThursday as my personal prompt today.

Some time around 2013 I decided my embroidery machine could sew more than motifs on a piece of fabric.  The trick would be learning some simple (or so I thought) programming.  One of my projects was piecing these square in a square blocks.  It was easy enough although when all was said and done, I'm unsure if it was really any faster than using the domestic machine.  It was, however, very accurate.


I love everything about this wall hanging.  I would love it even more if it were finished and hanging in my front sitting room.  Such a novel idea.  I wonder if I can make that happen in 2020? 

I pulled it out of the cabinet this morning.  It looks like I have 3 rows assembled.  That's more progress than I thought I had sewn. 



Have you ever taken stock of your unfinished projects to see what is preventing you from finishing them?
What did you discover?  

Join the Conversation!
💬💬💬

6 comments:

  1. No,I haven't taken stock of unfinished inventory, but that's an interesting idea. What I see above is just beautiful, Debra, and I love how you quilted around the embroidery pieces. The added pink floral embroidery on top of the brown fabric is a beautiful detail... such a nice extra touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I can finish this piece. It really deserves to be on my wall!

      Delete
  2. Sometimes I just lose interest and sometimes I get stuck on a technical or design problem. But UFOs are what closets are for, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! No arguments from me.

      I have a huge CQ I doubt I will ever finish. I am thinking I might use parts of it for some other things. Repurposing UFOs sounds like a good solution too.

      Delete
  3. I keep track of them, and sort of rotate them through an updating, pretty much yearly, though sometimes something falls off the wagon again. If I really didn't like it, I'd give it away to someone else to finish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My yearly assessment usually involves, "Oh Geez, still not finished!"

      Delete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!