Monday, November 11, 2019

Jacket to Skirt Conversion Tweaked

I reserve the right to change my mind!  Latest progress on the jacket.  I've decided to leave it as a jacket.  After removing the super hideous buttons and the dorky patch pockets the jacket gained 1000 appeal points to me!


This may be finished.  I'll work on the skirt and then decide.  I had visions of some vintage flowers appliqued to the yoke but I really like what I have now without them.  I'll see. 


I love the little orange ruffle sticking out from the binding.  It's a satin ribbon that's been twisted and stitched.  I bought it on a reel. 


The buttons just tickle me!  


I added the black & white check ribbon to the yoke seam line.


Join the Conversation!  
Your ideas are always welcome.
💬💬💬



2 comments:

  1. Yes! I like it better as a jacket, too. Now to see you cook up a great skirt to go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, that works, too. I do like those buttons and the sleeve additions. The additions across the front are great together. I'm not sure I'd like either one without the other.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!