Thursday, November 14, 2019

Commercial Patchwork Jacket: Removing Elements

Last night I removed the scattered buttons and the little pieces of soutache trim.  That trim took a long time  to take off thanks to the zigzag stitches used to attach it.  I'm always leary about marks left underneath but I lucked out.  Last year I was removing darts from a fitted blouse and discovered the dart points had tiny holes marking the ends.   That was an unpleasant surprise! 

I decided 5 large buttons would be the right amount for the front closure.  There were also 5 leftover buttons from the skull embroidered jacket and luckily, 5 smaller decorative buttons from the group I removed last night.  I'm thinking I should buy a lottery ticket today!  😎😎 I'll combine them for a little personality!  I'll hit the denim with a little starch and hot iron to remove the wrinkles left from the buttons.




I agree the blue knit shawl from my mom is the best of the shawl/scarf options.  It's chunky like the jacket too.  My next favorite is probably the soft blue shawl Barbara knit.  It can tuck inside the jacket neck opening.   I also like the brighter colors too.   This may turn out to be a very useful jacket!  I have a closet of jackets and coats but it's always nice to have options!  

In other news, the 53 Angel Tree quilts are finished, tagged and labeled for the Christmas season.  I was so tickled when my friend Pam came over and we were able to match quilts for the children.  We had requests from  aged 1 - 18.  I had a larger quilt I had finished a few years ago that was waiting for its special person.  The 18 year old boy will get it.  We had a set of sisters and they will get the mermaid and the ballerina quilts. The 2 brothers got the 2 race car quilts.  And on and on. 

I'm leaving shortly to meet one of MDUMC's ministers to discuss a small blessing service for the quilts.  We want to make sure they go out to their children with the most love possible.  



Please Join the Conversation!

💬💬💬


1 comment:

  1. I can only imagine how much fun, and how much love, the afternoon contained with the final work on the Angel quilts. What a wonderful accomplishment and blessing to so many children. The jacket looks so much better without all that stuff on it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!