Thursday, November 14, 2019

Commercial Patchwork Jacket: Finished!

One of the features of my embroidery machine I love is the ability to stitch buttonholes.  I stitched these 5 buttonholes in 4 minutes.  It takes a few minutes to set up the pattern and hoop the fabric but overall, it beats using a domestic sewing machine by a mile or two.


This is the mock-up of the embroidery on the computer screen.  Once I place the jacket in the right place in the frame, then the machine stitches correctly placed buttonholes.


Marking the placement is probably the most nerve wracking part of machine embroidery!




It turned out the double buttons were a little too clunky.  I used the mixed buttons that had been scattered around the denim patches.  I added an interior button too. I really like the knit sleeves.  I've been wearing this little knit neck scarf the past few days so I tied it on.  Another great option!  Now my jacket is ready to go grocery shopping!  😎😎  I think it's going to be a great knockabout jacket.

Please Join the Conversation!
💬💬💬

6 comments:

  1. Great work! Now we just need to see you model that jacket! I would spin around for sure if I saw someone wearing that jacket while out and about....very eye-catching and quilty! Those buttons are the perfect final touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try to get a photo wearing it. It's a little tough by myself.
      Funny how no one showed any interest in the jacket when it was listed on Poshmark. Then when I did a little refashion, it gets noticed. I'm eyeing some other jackets that may need a little facelift. If I thought it would be worth my time (ha!) I would refashion/embellish/embroider some for sale on Poshmark. I did sell one of my tshirt ponchos in the spring. Hmmm, so many options . . .

      Delete
  2. Beautiful work! That buttonhole application is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never once heard a sales person show the buttonhole feature & I think it is one of the better features of the machine!

      Delete
  3. Looks super! Great button choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not too shabby for a quick refashion. Since those buttons were on the jacket originally, I took the lazy approach and just reused them!

      Delete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!