Saturday, January 26, 2019

East End Art Market



Last night out on the East End Esplanade on Navigation Blvd was fun but cold!  I didn't take a heavy enough jacket with me & had to resort to bundling up in one of my quilts.  Oh the burden!  We were close to the Latin band playing through the night.  Loved having them close for our listening pleasure.  We set up the booth right across from Ninfa's Restaurant & this location is the 1st and oldest location in Houston. 

Image may contain: Debra Dixon, smiling, standing and indoor


On the 4th Friday of the month the East End has organized a 15 mile bike ride through downtown Houston and East End neighborhood for willing cyclists.  I've never seen them riding in mass.  It was wonderful! Such a great way to get neighbors out visiting and enjoying each other's company. 
One couple came limping through the market.  He caught a flat between curbs.  So fun to talk to him and see how excited he was to be out with the cycling mass even with a flat tire!

Image may contain: one or more people, night and outdoor

The East End has been revitalizing for quite a few years.  The management district has worked very hard to bring a variety of activities and people together.  The Esplanade runs through one of the major streets & it is wide enough for festivals.  Here's a picture from the website.  I love the entrance that pays homage to the hispanic community roots in a new modern way.


Photo of East End Farmers Market - Houston, TX, United States

4 comments:

  1. Fun post! I enjoy seeing your varied projects, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a great activity. Cold, but at least in Houston, you can still do it. The cycling sounds like fun, but I'd definitely want to be an observer unless I could ride a tricycle! =) I can just imagine the neighborhood coming out, the music, so many people to chat with. I like what you describe the neighborhood as doing. I hope sales were as brisk as the cold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fabulous Deb, although I can't imagine it is as cold down in Houston as it is here in Ontario, Canada.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!