Friday, January 25, 2019

Coins Quilt: Twin Size Coin Strips

I picked up the batting for my queen sized Coins Quilt Wednesday evening.  When I got home I decided I would load the backing but wait to load the batting (which is really white fleece).  I have started fusing the edges together where they join so I don't accidentally get a gap when quilting; especially since this is a light colored quilt.  So the fusing takes an additional step.  I didn't feel like getting involved that time of the evening.

I didn't mind, however, sitting at the machine and stitching a bunch of strips together.  And, after a fun day of socializing yesterday I did the same thing last night.

So this morning I now have all 8 Coin sets sewn for the twin sized quilt (8 x 72").  Since I had the pink fabrics out already and was determined to see the "last of some of these prints" cut and sewn, I feel very encouraged and revived!
I have the blue strip fabrics pulled too.  Once the queen sized quilt top is quilted, I'll have a  twin sized one to follow on its heels.
Last night I decided that as long as I am still enjoying this color palette I'll continue with more quilts.


Have a Creative Day, Y'All! 

2 comments:

  1. Such soft, calming colors and a great combination of patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That will be so pretty with the small roses alternate strips. I see it as very you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!