Sunday, December 30, 2018

Being Intentional: Inspirational Photos

My major 2019 goal is to sew more raw edge fabric; either for sale as yardage, for wall hangings or for smaller projects. 

As I was thumbing through a massive 800+ page Vogue magazine, I realized advertisers had hired professional graphic designers, photographers and models to get my attention.  When I looked closely at the page's composition I could see some dynamic color combinations, element placements and themes staring right at me.  What a great inspirational source!

I intentionally pulled out pages that really spoke to me.  I scanned them into my photo files, marked them with comments, punched holes in the originals & added them to a new notebook.  I also added a section to my handwritten journal & noted the picture file location; a new habit I am developing. 

Here's a wonderful selection of the Neutral + Blue pictures I pulled from the Vogue magazine ads.   Each of these pictures could be interpreted in very different yet similar raw edge (or any quilt) pieces.  Because I strongly believe blue is the best color in the world (except for PINK), these pictures would inspire me to work in the color combinations represented.

How about you?  Could you see using them as the basis of your work? 

 So Elegant and So Casual!  What's not to Love? 

 Be Still My Heart!   Pastel Blue + Neutrals  Heavenly! 

  Look at that little orange belt.  Yep, that's what I'm talkin' about!  Love!  (Orange + Blue = Complementary Colors)


This is a QUILT in all sense of the Word!

Intentionally looking takes practice.  Maybe you will try it in 2019.  I will! 
Have a Creative Day, Y'All! 

1 comment:

  1. A fun exercise! I'm always amazed by all the colors that are in any picture, when you do the color analysis thing and take a look.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!