Saturday, June 4, 2022

Lotsa Pinwheel Blocks

 I'm using this project as a distraction from the work and workers in my house.  Apparently I got a little too distracted!  LOL!

I love the little starfish.  I wasn't going to cut that fabric but I'm happy that I did!  What's the point in saving it?  I'm much more focused on using my stash now; especially the pieces I want for my personal quilts. 



The little trimmings are making interesting blocks.  These will be fun in some improvisational panels.   Rummaging through my scrap box I discovered about 10 other improv panels so I'll have enough for a few quilts.  These panels are easy to finish off with the longarm.  I remember now that I was sewing the panels when the pipes burst at my house and flooded everything. 


An example of an Improvisational Quilt from 2020 with drapery prints.  This is one of my typical quilt from the pieced panels--useful and durable.  Cleans out the scraps. I seem to go through cycles with my stitching but eventually it all gets finished and finds new homes.

To stay motivated and keep my hands working well, I decided to work in batches.  So far switching between cutting, stitching and ironing is working well.  The cutting and ironing operations seem to be the hardest on my hands--I think it's the gripping.  



So fun!  I'm taking it easy on the middle points; for the most part they match.  If not, oh well.  


Last day of painting today!  Everything is looking so good.  I'll probably sew all day; although there is a matter of "nothing in my refrigerator".  I hate when that happens. 

Are you enjoying the pinwheels?
Join the Conversation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!