Monday, June 6, 2022

Improvisational Pieced Panels

Well these escalated quickly!  I sat down Saturday to stitch just a few sections.  A little bit here and a little more there and I had 3 panels.  I realized I should probably pull out a backing fabric so I'd have an idea when I should stop all this fun! 

My current plan is to stitch 3 18" wide panels the width of my backing fabric.  The space between the panels will have wide horizontal strips (also from the scrap bins). 



This is a very pretty piece of decorator fabric for the backing.  It was originally purchased in the Bentwater days (8+ yrs ago) & designed to be pillows.  I think the stripe was supposed to be the ruffle or maybe the pillow back.  I bought it & another colorway from the now defunct Hancock Fabrics.  
I never intended to sew pillows. I always thought it would be a pretty quilt backing.  It's wide and long enough for a big nap/couch throw.  I think I will really enjoy it; along with the 5 or 6 other nap quilts I have--because I'm a big napper. Ha! 


It's impossible to see in this picture but I'm going to give it a shot.  My little hall bathroom has a large wall across from the vanity.  Until this week the magazine lady pictures were on that wall.  Now that it is blank I'm wondering what to do with it.  The Issue:  The door opens and covers a little over ¼ of the space.  Any pictures on the door side of the wall are hidden when the door is open.  

What to do there??   (It's seem self absorbed to be even thinking of this with all the big issues many people face in their lives.)

One idea:  put a multiple towel bar up and drape some of my vintage embroidered towels off it.  The problem is the narrow clearance with the adjoining door frame (4"). 

2nd idea:  I could just put up something in the clear space & leave the area behind the door blank.  Or put something there that's subordinate but coordinates. 

3rd idea:  put up a large piece and realize part of it will be hidden most of the time. 

4th idea:  put up my collection of hand stitched cross stitch & needlepoint pictures as a gallery wall.  The bathroom is not used any longer for showers so moisture really isn't much of an issue.  

I have plenty of favorite pictures, some wall hangings and accessories.  Making a decision is a bigger deal! 



Well, it's Monday!
Join the Conversation! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!