Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Improvisational Quilt Top


I’m reaching the end of having craftsmen in my house.  Next will be cleaning up the "decorating mess" I've made by pulling pictures and wall hangings out of the closets for possible hanging.  Most will return to the closet because I don't really have "that much" wall space; although I do like a good gallery wall.  But, how many gallery walls is too many? 

Back in the Bentwater days I did a series of Improvisational wall hangings that may get cut up soon.  Their scale is too big for my house & they've lost some of their appeal for me.  Maybe they would like to become placemats and table runners.  It's not a totally sad ending for them.  At least they would see the daylight more! 

For quite a few years I entered the Hoffman Challenge so I have a cache of 45" wide wall hangings.  I'm thinking of putting up a rod so I can rotate those pieces in and out on a regular basis.  It's a shame to have all that work hanging in the closet.  It's such a doloop being creative.  Sometimes I think I'm just storing the same fabrics but in another form. 

While the craftsmen were here I actually did get quite a bit finished on my Improvisational quilt top.  A few more hours of stitching and it will be ready for the longarm.  I'll also then have to double down and finish those commision tshirt quilts.  It's always something! 

I'm tickled with this top so far.  Lots of fun fabrics & a crisp layout; good immediate use of scraps too!  Can't beat that! 




 What's happening in your summer life?
Join the Conversation! 

1 comment:

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!