Friday, June 3, 2022

Home Improvements & Pinwheel Blocks

I'm so excited!   The exterior house painting is finished! 

I decided to use the blue as a bit of trim and for a large wall in my courtyard (invisible to the street).  It's the side of my garage & I see it from my dining room where I actually spend a good amount of time. 

I pulled the orange from the house brick for the door.  Strangely, I am over the moon about the door!  I trimmed it with the blue and the front of the porch with the aqua.  My intent is to have 2 large planters on either side with a bush in each and lots of colorful flowers.




The wrought iron got a new coat of black paint.  Looks fabulous! 



I love this space now!  From inside looking out it feels like another room.  I may remove the middle planter edging (from 20 yrs ago-previous owner) and consider a chair or two out there.  It might be a pretty spot for coffee in the morning. 


This big wall (visible from the street) is asking for some kind of wood sculpture.  


Awww, that blue!  Love it!  Envision it with a long shelf and my white conch shells.  Maybe a white iron decoration? 


 And, while the craftsmen work, I've been stitching half square triangles for pinwheels.  This is going to be a fun cheerful quilt!  

Everyone needs color in their lives! 
Join the Conversation! 

2 comments:

  1. Everything looks so fresh and lovely, you did a good job with the colors. I love your orange door, and the accent wall on the courtyard. You’re definitely going to want to use that space now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, a lot going on. You're one busy gal. Enjoy the peace and quiet of your pretty painted palace.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!