Thursday, June 2, 2022

Pinwheel Block Parts & Home Improvements

 I decided it might be a good idea to put the pencil to the paper to figure out how many pinwheel blocks I might actually need for a queen sized quilt.  Turns out--a ton! I went ahead and cut the FQs I had set aside; then paired them with some solids (or prints that read solid).


There was a narrow sliver leftover that happened to work well for some individual half square triangles.  I figured I'd need to use as many black and white prints as I could.  


I stitched about 25 units yesterday.  Next up ironing them open, nipping off the dog ears, & stitching them together for pinwheels.





One of the paint colors I chose for my house exterior turned out to be much brighter than I expected.  I cannot today believe how anxious it made me; well, that coupled with the contractor saying it would cost an additional $800 to change all the  colors.  It was probably a glimpse into the life of someone who deals with anxiety on a daily basis.  I would be a huge basket case. 

Luckily I was able to stop the painting quickly before any more was applied.  I decided to keep the trim color and return to the previous creamy white I now have for the exterior walls.  In the end it costs $200 for the wall paint change.  

As I was standing outside looking at the trim I realized it is basically the same color as the wicker chairs in my kitchen and just a darker shade of my kitchen cabinets.   I guess I like blue green. 


Yes, that's lovely moss growing on my garage roof.  It's just one thing after another.   I'd love to paint my bricks but that's another $1800.  Not happening today. 


It's a blue-blue green world over here.  Ahhh, quiet, subtle, peaceful.  

What's happening in your world?\
Join the Conversation! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!