Thursday, May 19, 2022

Embroidered Patches and Patchwork Clothes

Two camping trips ago I discovered the State Park gift shops sell park patches.  Ohh!   What could I do with park patches?  

Back in the Bentwater days I started decorating a jean jacket with enamel pins; many of them from quilt shows.  So, I immediately thought I could expand the idea and include the patches from my travels with Hawkins. 

Today I picked up batting for the tshirt quilts and noticed the One Together patches were 60% off at JoAnn Fabrics.  I chose the ones I felt were women positive & affirming.  They'll go on my jacket too.  

This could be a very fun long term project.   Sew some patches on, wear jacket, sew more patches on.  A little hippy chic! 



I found the D patch in the clearance section.  It may end up on a crazy quilt.

I have tubs of tshirt knits.  Some are still tshirts or dresses and some pieces are the leftovers from commissioned quilts.  Most people aren't interested in the backs of the shirts once the front has been harvested for their quilt. 

I'd like to have some easy breezy dresses to wear during Houston's hot summer.  Butterick patterns were $1.99 today at JoAnn Fabrics so I bought this dress pattern.   I think it will be very adaptable for a patchwork look.  I can sew some of the larger tshirt knit pieces together before I cut out the sections of the dress.   The dresses could be very cute! 

Katherine & Marcy Tilton are sisters who collaborate on their combined fabric & pattern business.  It looks like they now host Tours of Paris focused on design & fashion.   Hmmm. 
Their designs are a great way to ease into the patchwork clothes idea.     



Well, let's see what happens!

Join the Conversation! 



 

2 comments:

  1. A patchwork dress sounds like a fun project. I recently made a pair of cotton pants, now I might dig up some stashed patterns and fabric for a dress. You’re off to a good start with patches for your jacket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll check your blog for pictures of your pants! Yes, feeling inspired by my new patches.

      Delete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!