Saturday, May 21, 2022

Frugal Friday: quilts and such

 A pretty good thrift shopping day for Frugal Friday.  This Sunday is Commissioning Sunday for the new Stephen Ministers at Memorial Drive Methodist.  When I spotted this lightweight gauzy rayon skirt I knew it would be perfect for the service.  

I already had a plain linen pullover top from (thrifted) J.Jill and a favorite sheer scarf  in my closet.  It helps when you dress in a certain range of colors.  The best part will be wearing a soft summer shawl my friend Barbara knit for me. 



I snatched this set of 8 vintage bird glasses for $12.  They are just fabulous! 



Also for $12 I bought this set of 4 dessert/salad plates.  So pretty! Lovely for entertaining. 




The linen department had a nice supply of goodies for me too. 

A big twin sheet which I can use for a boy's quilt. 


A couple of handmade quilts someone donated.  I'll give these to the Teen Parenting program for the babies. 








A pretty pillow sham that I might use as a (gasp!) pillow sham or a table runner/centerpiece. 

I also picked up some more melamine dishes, some organizers, a nice big basket and some plastic containers for the camper.  I'm determined to furnish it from as much secondhand as possible. 


A nice cotton rectangular tablecloth good for the camping picnic table; especially for $1.99

Any new shopping items from you?
Join the Conversation! 

2 comments:

  1. You find the neatest stuff. I wish my local thrift stores had such nice finds. Here, the prices are too high to get a good bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shopping! That skirt is especially lovely, and it’s good to know those baby quilts will find their way to parents that need them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!