Saturday, April 23, 2022

Frugal Friday: Small Quilts

What's the one activity everyone does when returning from a camping trip?  Why, of course, shop at the thrift store!  I was actually looking for some camping supplies.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it! 

One of my Corelle vintage plates shattered when it hit the rocky campground  so I decided it might be time to switch to melamine.  It's not a favorite but I don't want more of my dishes broken.   Occasionally I see nice sets of plastic dishes at the thrift.  Not yesterday but some days.

I have also made a local contact for giving baby quilts to HS Teen Moms through a parenting class.  Now baby quilts are on my radar screen.  
As luck would have it, I found 2 nice hand stitched quilts.  

The red and blue one is tied and never used (or washed).  It's a cute little piece.  And the price was fine too:  $3.93




The 2nd one is a little larger at 50 x 65"  so it will be very useful.  It had a ragged corner with ripped binding.  The original tag said $5.65.  I did something I rarely do:  I asked for a price adjustment.  And, I got it!  $3.93  
I'll trim the one length of the quilt and add a new machine sewn binding.  It'll be good as new!  The tag on it says the Methodist sewing group at a local church gave this quilt to a student.  It's been longarm quilted with a pantogram. 



I also picked up a very nice fleece blanket that may either go into the camper or be donated.   I paid $5.65 for it & it looks like a small twin size. 


While I was camping my amaryllis plants bloomed!  Such a spring treat! 
 

Do you ever find newish quilts at the thrift store?

Join the Conversation!



 

2 comments:

  1. Great quilt finds! I almost never find quilts, though acrylic afghans are usually plentiful. Good saves, and these will go to homes where they’re needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My amaryllis are blooming, also. I get them every holiday season and have been sticking the bulbs in the ground after the xmas bloom. So they are getting quite numerous in my garden 😁 I love them so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!