Friday, April 22, 2022

Pedernales Falls State Park Camping Trip


Bluebonnets are the Texas state flower.  I didn't know they would grow in sand. 

Pedernales Falls State Park is in the Hill Country portion of Texas near Austin & Marble Falls (northwest of Houston).  Very rocky and rugged.  It's beautiful in its own regard and even with a dry spring there was some interesting foliage, birds, butterflies and of course the water. 


We cooked all our meals on Hawkins' new griddle grill.  It fits handily on the end of a picnic table.  I chopped vegetable and he cooked. 












Hawkins and I hiked down to the falls which were a little low with such sparse spring rains.  The vista is gorgeous with the smooth rocks eroded from the flowing water.  Calm pools of water surrounded by bald cypress trees.  The roots are so fascinating.  


 It was fun looking for root animals amongst the roots!



A secondary fall I visited by myself had huge rock walls I just loved!





A monarch butterfly came to visit me! 
I later found out the Monarch Butterfly is the state insect. 





Taken from the car as we were leaving!



 Join the Conversation! 

1 comment:

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!