Friday, April 29, 2022

The Grateful Threads Project: New Recipient Outlet

I’ve made a connection with a school counselor in one of the largest Houston school districts. She’s part of the Teen Parenting program that educates teen parents.  There are currently 50 pregnant girls in the program.  

I’ve agreed to give the program quilts sewn under The Grateful Threads Project.  

I’ve been a little slow lately finishing quilts with all the other activities to which I’ve committed but I think that’s fine.  As she told me, babies are born every day. 

This week I was able to rescue a few handmade quilts from the thrift store.  The smaller ones were fine but the large quilt needed new binding.  

Here’s the stack headed to the Teen Parenting program this



Thrifted but new


Cozy feminine bed quilt for a young lady I stitched this winter


Swirly details


Love squares quilts. This one is by Barbara


This thrifted quilt just needed a new binding. 


Large bed sized quilt by Shari Lyn.  I love the frogs!


Sweet baby quilt by Barbara 


What's left of my binding by Deborah McL


Scrappy 9 Patch on the frame today!  

Feeling hopeful I can work through the piles of quilt tops soon.

My hands have been hurting so I know I have to pace myself a little more than in the "good ole days".  Ouch.

Join the Conversation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!