Sunday, January 17, 2021

Bricks/Coin Quilt Concept Idea

 It's no secret I've been interested in the Brick/Coins layout for a long time.  I currently have 2 on my own bed and I've gifted a few in the past.  It's a great layout because of my ability to do most of the piecing on the longarm. 


I finished this one in Jan 2019 and it's on my bed.  It uses irregular sized bricks. 




As I finished the last row of the current quilt I felt like I had just started a journey. The variations this block and layout could take me are probably indefinite.  Like sourdough bread starter, I could take the leftover bricks and change one element in the layout for the next quilt.  I could also keep a layout for awhile and experiment with colors. 

If I stay focused I could have a fabulous collection by the end of 2021 & seriously reduce my fabric stash.  I'm really tempted!

Here's the layout for the next Bricks/Coin Quilt:

I paired 2 bricks and sewed them with another pair for the block.  Then, I will sew them together for the length.  In this layout the bricks will be running vertically across the quilt surface.  It's not dramatic but it's interesting enough to pursue.  I'm still working with miscellaneous small lengths of fabric which is basically the MO of my stash.  Ha!  


What do you think?  Would you follow a series like this?
I would be keeping these quilts.  I think. 

Join the Conversation!  
💬💬💬

2 comments:

  1. If I ever get my longarm to work right, I plan to try out a few variations on a theme. This is very appealing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving your use of fabrics and mixing it up. Enjoy the journey, and keep on being creative.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!