Saturday, January 23, 2021

Raw Edge Collage Work: Chasing Sunsets

 I have a few stacks of this & thats, leftover pieces from previous projects, stops and starts that didn't make the 1st cut, you know the stuff in my studio.  Yesterday I pulled one of them out along with a stack of garment scraps. 

This was a long piece but I didn't get a picture before I cut it into pieces.  Basically I had stitched some denim scraps to a green corduroy background.  Not my finest work but it was a start.  You can see why it's lingered for a year or more in the Undecided Pile. 


It's transformation has been lovely! 


Two table mats or place mats. Because these will be washed I decided a binding was a good idea. I raided the stash of leftover binding for a quick finish.  

I finished the last half of the unfinished piece into a small wall hanging.  I'll be keeping this one! 


Chasing Sunsets
23 x 26 inches
Original work by Debra Dixon


Any bits and bobs in your studio you can transform? 
Join the Conversation!
💬💬💬



2 comments:

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!