Saturday, October 17, 2020

Fashion Show: New to Me Clothes

 I've been out of my sewing groove the past few days.  Thankfully yesterday it rained & I spent the day in my pjs reading books which is something I never do!  The day before I ventured out to pick up said books from the library and as I was driving past the thrift store I decided to turn in.  It's been months and months since my last visit.

It's the beginning of the winter season for the store so their winter merchandise is still at its full price.  I'm fine paying the asking price because these are clothes for me.  If I were reselling them, I might have balked. 

I put together a few looks only from what I purchased.  I can add other looks from my current cache of accessories which is overflowing with many great pieces.

Usually I avoid beige.  This new/never worn dress just smacked of possibilities.  It's a heavy sweater weight and will be perfect for Houston's winter.  It's a great canvas for accessories.  Made by Calvin Klein; $7.57


To knock back some of the taupe beige I bought this versatile sweater vest.  It's a nice light grey from Gap; $2.32  I envision wearing the daylights out of it.  Will be cute with jeans too.


With some of the accessories I bought.  Skull scarf $1.99; crochet & leather purse $2.32




Umgee is a very new trendy brand.  This sweater vest would easily be in the $50-65 range. I picked it up for $7.57/new never worn.  I'll wear it a lot & in many ways. 




This secretary/airline stewardess dress is just so fun! It's Classic Talbots for $9.59
Again, I felt like I could change it with lots of different accessories. 




I need pants!  These jumped out at me!  What's not to love about raspberry corduroy?   $1.91



This sweater from Bobbie Brooks (remember that brand from the way back machine?) has great colors, is super soft and pockets!  $7.57




I can add this very versatile Coldwater Creek over it and off I go!  I expect to wear this jacket most of the winter.  $6.56 looks brand new


All the stripes are sewn onto a black denim base.  I love denim! A little shoulder pad and lining.   Perfect for me.



I hear the museum calling!  Oh wait.  There's a pandemic.  Sigh.


Very good shopping trip!
$50 and some change.

Join the Conversation!
💬💬💬




10 comments:

  1. I like all of them. You will look great wearing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed that you were able to get a wardrobe from one shopping trip. Lots of great finds there. I especially like the jacket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was determined not to buy single pieces just because they were "cool". I have enough of those to sink a ship. Now I need more staples. :-)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It's an old grocery store that became a large Hobby Lobby that became this thrift store. That should tell you the volume of merchandise. Some of the racks are very full. They cull weekly and turn merchandise quickly.

      Delete
  4. Wow! You scored big-time! Well done! Love the raspberry pants and yes, I remember Bobbie Brooks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't have the energy to go through the 2 long rows of jeans. The colored pants section was much smaller and on my way to the dressing room. The raspberry cords were perfect!

      Delete
  5. Great job shopping. One of the challenges of thrifting is finding pieces you like that don’t coordinate with anything else you own. You did a great job of finding pieces you can wear together. It looks like you had lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I think that's one of the problems with my wardrobe. I have all these "one of a kind stand out" pieces and nothing to wear with them! ha! ha! I do need some more pants. I really do not like trying on pants but it's the only way to see if they fit me. I may just have to bite the bullet and spend a few hours going through the racks. Such a tough life, I know!

      Delete
  6. Now that is all just fun! I loved Bobbi Brooks. I had a mint green A-line skirt and sweat set that were worn to death. That sweater looks like it was made for those pants.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!