Monday, October 19, 2020

Vogue Fashion: Spring 2021

 I'm in the mood to loosen up my fashion style and be more daring.  Recently I was introduced to the Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2021 Fashion Show.  It draws directly from patchwork.  Obviously, I love every bit of it.  Take a fun break and scroll through the slides. 


After watching it, I was motivated to subscribe to Vogue's daily newscast.  It really is quite fun to see the new interpretations of old favorites.  If you've been around as long as dirt, you will recognize the spin-offs.   I'll share a few that caught my attention.  The theme of the article is something to the effect: "The biggest shift in the garments that flashed across our screens is that, for the first time in a long time, these looked like clothes that are meant to be worn. The irony and irreverence of all those seasons dancing on the lip of a volcano in cake topper gowns has given way to something more thoughtful and realistic this season."  Thank you Pandemic. 



This is a nod to the punk rocker Patti Smith's style in the 1970s.  In my 1970s I was wearing Gunne Sax dresses & mini skirts.  I think I could actually pull off this Patti Smith inspired look now.  And likely, from thrifted clothes.


This is very appealing, especially when considering thrifted clothes. 
I really need a cache of cool boots.


Another riff on the patchwork coat.  So many variations and all of them fun! 


Absolutely!  I could sew this out of my stash today!   I've noticed a real movement toward mixing prints with abandon.  


Classic style fired up with some great bold prints.



So fabulous! 




Isn't this a great way to use those cheap funky fringed scarves from the thrift store?  

Join the Conversation! 
Does your wardrobe need some new energy?

💬💬💬



4 comments:

  1. Some of these are too busy for me, but I like the punk rocker, the scarves skirt and the patchwork jacket. It is such a big jump from the subdued colors we have been having and I finally toned down my wild look only to be wild again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too wild for me! I'm not a fashionista, and never have been. Brought up with hand-me-downs, home-sewn, and taught that as long as the clothes were clean and covered my essentials, that that was good enough. I feel daring if I wear black and white striped pants with a black and white patterned top, and get weird looks from my hubby. We're both quite conservative. But, since I don't spend money on fashion, I can then spend it on my art supplies. Haven't been to a hairdresser for about 45 years either. More art supplies. Also don't get the shoe thing. Hopeless case. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving the fringy scarf skirt look. I could totally see you whipping up something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most of them aren't me at all, but I do like that skirt at the end!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!