Saturday, August 29, 2020

My Crazy Life: Block 1 Before Pictures

 In an effort to be handwork accountable, I'm going to post pictures along the way of My Crazy Life.  All the blocks are pieced but I can now see some areas that will need revision.  That's OK.  It happens.

I started the embroidery on the 1st block a few years ago.  My initial idea was to have bold thread and trim colors against the predominantly pale blue background.  I now think I should also introduce more black.

The whole block - measures 23" square.  There are 9 blocks total.  


Four sections.  You can see some of the hand embroidery.  It seems a little weak to me now.  I'll have to pump it up a bit! 



 
I'm unsure what to do about the printed floral pieces; maybe some embroidery embellishment-not my strong point but I can try.  I could also cover them with some plain fabric.  I don't know but I'll think of something.  Clearly this quilt has a lot going on so it will be a challenge to pull it together in a cohesive way.

That's supposed to be the fun of crazy quilting.  It can also be the headache.  Just sayin'  


Join the Conversation!

💬💬💬

5 comments:

  1. It’s a trip down Memory Lane!
    PS Love the sugar Skull!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have to incorporate more of the sugar skull style in other blocks. I do like the vivid colors.

      Delete
  2. Good to see you doing this kind of stitching again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!