Saturday, October 26, 2019

Grateful Threads Project: 1st Quilt Top

While I am trying to finish up the Angel Tree quilts for November's deadline some of my friends have started sewing the twin sized quilts the Grateful Threads Project will give to the Houston Furniture Bank starting Jan 2020.

My friend Jeane pieced the 9 patch portion of this quilt.  She's never quilted before she sewed a few tops for Angel Tree.  She asked me if it would be OK if she used some of her own scrap fabrics and sewed a top.  Of Course!   Now I think she may be hooked.  :-)
I handed the top off to Pam for borders.  Pam also could sew but hadn't sewn a quilt.  She's jumped in with both feet.  And, reports she is having a great time!   I had lunch with Pam today and she pulled out this top.  So on my way home I stopped at Mattress Firm and auditioned it on one of their twin beds.

It's generous and makes a positive significant statement to a child.  I am so pleased!

  No photo description available.

Image may contain: bedroom and indoor

I love it when people join together to help children!  
Please Join the Conversation!  
💬💬💬

2 comments:

  1. That's great! Better be careful testing at Mattress Firm, though. They might want quilts for all their beds! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly could use them to dress up the beds!

      The young salesman was pretty impressed with the quilt top and with our efforts. He said Mattress Firm donates to the Houston Furniture Bank. It's great when everyone pitches in for families. :-)

      Delete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!