Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Angel Tree Quilt #56: Sock Monkeys!

Yesterday was kinda one of those days.  My Oklahoma friends called to tell me they couldn't make the trip to Houston for the quilt show.  Toni had surgery recently and she's not healed enough for traveling.  My friend from the 'Hood called with a deep hoarse voice complaining of feeling ill so she canceled too.  I struggled with the curved quilting on this quilt.  About 2 rows into it I remembered why I don't like ruler work.  If I don't move fast enough the machine sits in ready action and then the bobbin thread breaks.  It's just not fun.  I don't quilt for stress or perfection so I'm going back to what works for me.  And then the Houston Astros lost.  By the time I tucked into bed, I was really over yesterday.

Thankfully we all have another run at life the next day.  I can't believe I am wearing a flannel shirt and thinking about slipping on a sweater when a few weeks ago the weather was hot enough to cook eggs on the sidewalk.  I do, however, have all the doors and windows open to air out the place!  Life can change on a dime but hopefully not until I get to my 65 Quilt deadline!





Tomorrow I am joining a group of ladies traveling to the International Quilt Festival on a county bus.  Having the bus available for seniors is a great service of my county.  A bonus is that the bus driver is Chris, my daughter-in-law's mother.  I told her recently whenever a group needs to fill a bus to call me.  Free and someone else driving always appeals to me! 

Please Join the Conversation!
What frustrates you when quilting? 

💬💬💬

1 comment:

  1. I love the bus idea. If we had one, I'd take it, too. We don't even get city service out where I live! Your quilt looks great. I don't see any reason for you to feel you have to do ruler work. If it isn't for you, then it isn't. Do what you find appealing and gets the job done in time for people to actually HAVE the quilts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!