Thursday, August 8, 2019

Well Because Why Not?

As I drove to the church sewing group meeting today, I was in such a panic.  I was feeling like I was running out of fabric.  Then as I opened the door to the meeting room sprawled out in front of me was a long table of fabric piled high.  One of the founding members of the group recently died.  Her daughter asked the group to come to the house and take all the sewing supplies.  Her mother had a 2 car garage full of her sewing supplies. 

Oh my heart was full of joy again!  Some of the fabric was being earmarked for the group's yearly projects.  Most of it was being given to any members that wanted it.  Hello?  that would be Me!  I tried not to appear to overzealous & let others choose first.  Then I neatly filled my boxes with the leftovers.  From what I understand we'll be doing the same next week & maybe the following week too. 

Everything looked good to me for charity quilts.  There's a big variety and lots of prints for masculine quilts.  I'm feeling very blessed at the moment!



This fabric along with the roomful I already own will be great for scrap quilts.  

Please join the conversation!  💬💬

Do you ever receive free fabric?  How do you feel about it? 

Have a Creative Day, Y'All! 


5 comments:

  1. Free is always my favorite price. I have actually downsized here and took 2 large shopping bags of fabric to the charity shop. This was Mom's stash as I downsized before I moved here. Her taste & mine are totally different and though I may make more quilts in the future, I'm currently using the fabric I have for covering bookboards to make journals. I've sold all but one of the 8 I had made and Christmas is coming quick so I'm making more. I'm so glad you have been able to snag more for your projects and look forward to seeing what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the fabrics you donated will go to someone who uses them for the good of others!
      Glad you are having sales too!

      Delete
  2. You are very lucky and blessed! I see some exciting fabric in those photos! You are definitely going to have a GOOD time with those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know it! I love miscellaneous fabric more than matched sets. It brings out a creative streak in me I enjoy using. I'll be posting pictures here for sure! This is earmarked for the Houston Furniture Bank twin quilts.

      Delete
  3. Oh, yes, I have fabric donations! I love them. It blesses me, too, and allows me to make so many more quilts than I otherwise could. I did smile when you said you felt you were running out of fabric, though. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!