Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Angel Tree Quilts: 2 for the Girls & 2 for the Boys











From my generous friend Deborah and the lovely ladies in my church sewing group for the kids of Angel Tree. 

I love how a humble 9 patch block can be worked so many fabulous ways! 
I pieced a few of the backings so I can use up some short pieces of fabric.  I ended up sewing binding for these because well, I did.  Keeping the quilting simple.

Here's the Official Angel Tree count:

Goal:  75 - 100
Finished:  40  
Ready for Quilting: 14
Promised: 10 - 12
Need:  35-40

If you would like to send a top, the size is 45 x 60" and any pattern is fine. 
 Darker colors and gender neutral are preferred but not required.

We are well on our way to making the December Christmas goal!  

Please join the conversation!  💬💬
Your comments are great to read!

Have a Creative Day, Y'All! 

6 comments:

  1. My favorite kind of quilt, lots of pattern in midtones and a simple design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like midtoned quilts too. 75% of my fabric stash is in midtones.

      Delete
  2. These quilts are just sweet as can be! Good work!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's fun to see what quilters give me. Everyone is so creative with their fabric stashes. All for a good cause!

      Delete
  3. Those are wonderful and will be so warming and welcoming for a child who has no safety net in the world. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!