Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Embracing Fashion in Your Own Way

Yesterday I had a wonderful visit with my daughter-in-law.  She and my son have just come back from a very successful belly dance event in Louisiana where she taught some workshops.  I was anxious to hear about everything.  It's been a great journey for them.  They are very well recognized in the regional belly dance community and that makes all the hard work seem like a good idea.  I'm proud they continue to hone their skills; Brent with his drumming and Laura with her dance and emceeing events.

I was happy to have Laura's ear and opinions on the new projects I've been stitching.  She feels I am on the right path & thinks the clothes gathering, reconstructing and selling is a perfect match for me.  I certainly enjoy it and it's a nice reconnection with my previous life of clothing construction (before quilting).

I showed her the new clothes and explained everything to her.  The wooden blinds turned out to be a perfect hanging spot for display!  I loved seeing them there and they are still hanging there now!!  It reminds me of a picture I saw once on Pinterest except, mine are the real deal.

Martha Lent mixed media dresses




She mentioned the Advanced Style Movement to me.  I'm vaguely familiar with it & it interests me tremendously.  I can definitely see my fashion tastes moving in that direction.
Here's a short clip from YouTube about some Advanced Style Women in New York.  Such fun!  Down with boring clothes!  I love Iris Apfel!



ADVANCED STYLE: At Home With Suzi Click

Here's a double Beauty!  Fashion in front of a wall of crosses and Virgin Mary pictures.  
LOVE! 

Have a Creative Day, Y'All!  It's so hot in Houston right now.  Nothing to do but stay inside. 


2 comments:

  1. Art you can wear is a definite win-win. And the process looks like such fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of you when I found the last picture. Yes, this is a very fun journey!

      Delete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!