Monday, June 25, 2018

Reconstructed Dress 4: Finished

I finished this dress/tunic late last week.  I learned a lesson or two about the style.  I added the sleeve section and it immediately added width to the bodice.  Too much width for me so I think I have my 1st Plus Sized Tunic for my upcoming clothing line debut.  Secondly, I may transition to more rayons and polyesters to experiment with the drape so this style doesn't appear to add bulk or feel boxy.





Having just said that, here is my next project and yes, it's predominantly cotton.  Oh well!  It's all in fun.  I won't be removing the sleeves and adding to the width of the bodice so I can anticipate a bit more accurately how this will look.  (Or not.)


I am experimenting with ruffles on this piece.  Fun ruffles.  I love ruffles.  

Here are the sections of the skirt laid out on my worktable.  I can't wait to get sewing on them today! 



With any luck, I'll have this completed by day's end.  

Have a Creative Day, Y'All! 


3 comments:

  1. It’s great to see you in this creative groove. It looks like such fun, and the garments are so liberated. I like that tunic blouse with the patches as a top, even without a skirt, but I’ll be interested to see how the rest of your vision comes together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where else can you find such a person as Debra, who has such a creative spirit in designing clothing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I like the fabrics in the second one a lot. It will be interesting to see how it drapes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!