Friday, May 18, 2018

Choosing Fabrics King Sized Quilt

I did a little digging through boxes last night to find some fabrics for Brent & Laura's new king sized quilt.  Brent had given me a stack of shirts & they tend to be tiny checks in very neutral colors so I want to balance them with some vivid prints.  I'll be sewing in my usual improv strippy quilt style.  I'm feeling the need to get back to some pleasurable sewing in a style that's easy and comfortable. 

When I was finished, I was reminded of the Food Quilt I sewed for Brent many years ago.  For a few years I collected food print fabrics; a fat quarter here, a half yard there.  By the time I got ready to sew his quilt, I had enough fabric for 3 king sized quilts!  I was feeling the same last night sorting through prints.  Truth be told, I could sew quilts for the rest of my life and probably still have some fabric for lining my coffin. :-)



I had a wonderful day yesterday.  I am the social media person for the church's stitching group, Mission Stitchers.  Their goal is to stitch items they sell at the fall Hearts and Hands festival.  The money raised is given as grant money to the various Houston organizations serving women and children.  There's a need for the inventory made during the year to reach a wider selling audience than just the 3 day fall festival.  Enter Yours Truly.  I'll be setting up a blog and Facebook page this week. 

I was also able to do a little shopping in a store other than a thrift store!  I know, surprise, surprise.  I came out with some fun skull earrings.  I'm working on developing my personal style a bit more. With my hair longer it's fun to have some new earrings and hair clips to wear.  I'm embracing what I love & want to wear.  It's been awhile since I've felt that freedom.  


Here's a great collection of summer dresses from my Poshmark store.
You can visit by using the widget in the right hand section of my blog.  My friend, Yoohoolady, designed the graphic.  Visit her store for classic styles; many plus sizes too.  



Have a Creative Day, Y'All!  


2 comments:

  1. Oh, goody goody gumdrops! A new quilt to follow along with! I love your strippy quilt style. Heartwarming that Brent & Laura enjoy and appreciate your quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be fun to follow along with the new quilt. And fun to do it, too. I don't think I have as much fabric as you do, but I've often thought it will outlast me even if I don't buy any more! You are right in your element with that church assignment, I think! Those are great Poshmark fashions. If I lose that much weight, I'll be back to see what's there in 10 or 12. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!