Friday, March 23, 2018

Processing Clothes


I'm trying to balance Poshmark with quilting.  So far Poshmark is winning.  I did spend the afternoon on the firefighter's quilt until I was too frustrated.  The pieced backing from all the sweatshirts is lumpy on the front tshirts.  He wanted a lightweight quilt but I think I will need to add batting to tame the sweatshirt seams.  It will have to wait until Monday.  Gene & I  have lots of fun plans for the weekend and I want to enjoy myself and not stew over that quilt.

I got a chuckle out of this:  I had a pair of cotton pjs I bought with the intention of cutting them up for quilt squares.  I sold them yesterday on Poshmark!  :-)

2 comments:

  1. So much for quilt squares. LOL That's a great peek at how you're storing your inventory, or part of it. It sounds like you are having more fun with this than with the quilting right now. It can still be a lightweight quilt, with a lightweight batting. I can see how the front and the back would need a little cushion between them in order to lay flat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let your passion guide you. I have had a similar experience over the years, balancing art with golf. I like them both equally, they both require a sizable time commitment, and they both can make me tear my hair out. Can you fuse the t-shirts to the batting? MistyFuse is very lightweight and soft.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!