Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Firefighter TShirt Quilt


This week I am sewing a tshirt quilt from a firefighter's career of tshirts (and he's young!).  It's fun to see the various logos from the stations.  These will be worked into a border.  The back of the shirts are cut for the body of the quilt.

I hope when he shows his friends at the station his quilt, I'll get more commissions. :-)  Although at the moment, I'm a little stacked up on commissions.  That, of course, is a good thing for which I am very thankful.

***

In 2013 and 2014 I sewed with friends & we made about 35 quilts we gave to the Montgomery Co. Fire Department as a Thank you to the Firefighters.
It was a great effort and I miss my friends.  

3 comments:

  1. I remember that firefighter quilt drive, and then others that you did. This is going to be a wonderful quilt, and the back may become the front sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific! I have a firefighter’s T-shirt I will send you if you need another one. Happy to support the cause!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacked up on commissions ? A very good thing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!