Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Firefighter's Quilt Finished

I overcame the firefighter's quilt obstacles by using 2 layers of flannel for the batting. I stitched a wide open meander so I could avoid thick seams where the sweatshirts/backing joined. I also learned a few tshirt quilts ago my machine does not like the rubbery decals so I avoid them too.  I'm pleased.  I'm sure he will be when he picks it up tomorrow.
















I was able to cut one of the sweatshirt names & salvage a patch to make his label.   I'm clever that way!  :-)

3 comments:

  1. Turned out great! Would like your take on the difference(s) between 2 layers of flannel vs. batting.
    BTW I used some fusible fleece for my coffee coasters, didn’t like it as much as I thought I would. Easy to work with, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really did turn out well. It's an amazing accounting of his career. I don't know of anyone else who has put t-shirt on both sides, except possibly Moira, and she used a batting between. I think I would only put it on one side - and not flannel on the other, either. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!