Saturday, September 19, 2020

Vague New Crazy Quilt Idea

I did something way out of character yesterday.  I sat down in the late afternoon and watched a movie.  It was Sybil with Sally Fields & I had never seen it before yesterday.  What an interesting movie!  I've also started listening to new podcasts.  I'm trying to increase my scope of awareness.  

While I was watching it I started sifting through a box of vintage linens I've had for awhile.  In the box were 2 tablecloths.  I would have liked some simple hand stitching while I watched the movie but I didn't have anything handy.  Then the thought came to me to combine the more desirable of the little embroidered motifs on the tablecloths.  I've seen some similar ideas on Pinterest and they usually pique my interest.  

Today I vaguely laid out the idea.  I don't intend to make this into a big production.  Just a little homage to the linens of yesterday and then pass the remaining linens forward to someone else. 

I thought this tablecloth would be the better of the two for the base.  I like it's weight & the space division. 


I like the corners on this tablecloth. 

 
The general idea



If I stitch this that will probably be enough of old vintage linens for me for the rest of my life.   Another itch scratched.  

I wonder if I can resist some mother of pearl buttons and other vintage trims added to the mix.  Ha! ha!  Yea, this could get out of control quickly! 



May You Rest In Power Judge Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Thank you for your hard work for all American Women


Join the Conversation! 

💬💬💬

4 comments:

  1. That is exactly what I plan to do with my tablecloth that I bought at the thrift store. I have other bits I got from a yard sale (I cut the embroidery from the old pillows to save space). Your quilt looks beautiful already! I look forward to seeing its progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your use of old linens. Makes me want to pull out my stash and do something similar. I once did a Hanky Panky pillow case based on Cindy Brick's design. Time for something new.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are all thrifted or gifted linens so I feel fine using them for my artwork. I won't be cutting the great ones (I use those) but these are OK to cut. I might as well enjoy them!

      Delete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!