Thursday, July 23, 2020

My Home: Painting Results

I finished my work yesterday pretty stoked with the results.

The color match for the periwinkle was right on target so I was able to cover all the blemishes. 
I got the windows masked off and spray painted the mullions.  They look 1000 times better. I snuck a peek this morning but haven't taken the paper & tape off yet.  I hope there aren't any surprises.



I sprayed a (too large) section on the back of my chair to see how the paint would work.  Seems OK today so I guess I'm kinda committed now.   ðŸ˜ŽðŸ˜Ž  Another dang color decision to make.  Home Depot's spray paint selection was down to 3 cans.  Now I know to skip them and shop at Lowe's.  They are conveniently right next door and share the same parking lot.  Can you imagine?



I did have a little surprise with the wall paint this morning.  The color is accurate but the sheen is a bit off.  It's not obvious when you look straight at the wall.  I'm debating the merit of ignoring them or getting more paint.   Most of the upper wall will be covered in the needlework art and the bottom will be interrupted by furniture.  The other wall will be almost totally covered in a big wall hanging. In the big scheme of things it may not be worth the effort.  In the little details department I want to do it right.  Decisions like this could cost me a day!  Ha!  As I am reminded by my son:  you have the rest of your life.  Yes, but I'd like to move on sometime soon.  Of course having one "almost perfectly finished room" will make me crazy looking at the rest of the house.  Yep, this Summer's Tumbleweed. 



 What would you do?

Join the Conversation! 
💬💬💬


6 comments:

  1. What an undertaking, Debra, but you're doing so well! I admire your motivation, drive & work ethics! My motto has always been "if it's worth doing, it's worth doing right." However, as I am now slowing down & much less active, my standards have slid down the chart. So, for me, a compromise would be my answer. I would buy enough paint to paint the walls, and paint on this one wall for now. With your scattered art work, you need a clean, crisp looking slate behind them.

    I know... that's easy for me to advise since I'm not doing the work. But... it sure will look pretty if you co paint this entire wall with the new paint that has a lovely sheen. It will brighten the room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You’d probably paint the walls now, but I’d try to live with it. Remember the galloping horse analogy in quilting? Unless it can be seen by someone galloping by on a horse, it’s probably okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I thought of that analogy too. In the end I couldn't get a galloping horse in the front door but I could a fresh gallon of paint! :-)

      Delete
  3. Isaac Asimov said, "A difference that makes no difference is no difference." To me, if it's almost entirely covered, it makes no difference, and I wouldn't put any more paint or money into it. To you, it may make a difference. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!