Monday, June 22, 2020

Let the Landscaping Begin!

Image may contain: tree, sky, house, shoes, outdoor and nature

I had 3 days of help to get the trees trimmed and the courtyard and back yard whipped into shape.  This week is devoted to laying the new patio and digging the garden areas.

I had a very large tree in the area where the patio will go and the ground has enough old roots that nothing but weeds have successfully grown there.  

Everyone arrived bright and early ready to start.  Even the thunderstorms!  Rats!
We had just enough time to pull everything out and then put it all back in the garage.


Image may contain: one or more people and people standing

Image may contain: tree, plant, outdoor and nature

 The rain is needed and it will soften the ground for shoveling but I was hoping to get started today.  Oh well.  Plan B:  quilt 2 quilt tops for hire.  It's always good to have paid work as Plan B.  Ha! ha!


Image may contain: outdoor

When I worked at Floor & Decor some 4+ years ago I brought home the tile display boards when new ones were designed. They were headed to the trash compactor and we all know that just hurt my conscience too much!  They've been waiting in my garage. They will become a 9 x 12' patio toward the driveway end of the yard. I'll have garden space between the patio and the driveway. Then garden space between the street and the patio.

Image may contain: plant, tree, outdoor and nature

I hit the jackpot yesterday when visiting my parents. My dad filled up the back of my SUV with big potted plants! Yea!!

Well, there's always tomorrow. . . . .

Join the Conversation!
How do you react to a change of plans? 

💬💬💬

4 comments:

  1. A patchwork tile patio...how cool! Great idea for recycling. I hate seeing perfectly good items being thrown away as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really have a hard time with throwaways! I picked my neighbor's garbage the other day for some of his rusted garden stuff. Ha! ha! I need that. I really do.

      Delete
  2. You had a vision for those tiles. Great recycling and design work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's been a little slow implementing the vision but hopefully very soon! It's just a small patio but I think it will be a pleasant spot.

      Delete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!