Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Front Yard Landscaping Day 2

It was so fun sitting out on my patio this morning, eating sushi breakfast and waving and talking to my neighbors walking by the yard.  I hope my garden will foster friendliness and maybe people will come sit a bit on the patio with me. 

Image may contain: plant, outdoor and nature

John has been so helpful and hardworking.  I could not have gotten so much finished so quickly without his help.  Last drink of water before calling it a day!  Got hot fast out there!

I was careful to choose plants that need 6-8 hours of sun.  They will definitely get it in my yard.  

Image may contain: plant, outdoor and nature

Letting the cobblestone cure another day.  Hope the Katie Ruella perks up. 

Image may contain: plant, tree, outdoor and nature

Brent saved the tree stump & I decided to use it as a feature in the driveway garden.   Dwarf azaleas with loriope on the driveway side. 

Rose bushes, Athelea, gardenia and some day lilies along the front

Image may contain: plant, tree, table, outdoor and nature

Rose garden with the reclaimed gates turned into a fence. 

I still need to fill in some grass areas, figure out a pathway from the driveway to the front curb, soften the edges of the patio a bit, plant a few more perennial plants and decide on some plantings for the pots.  New mailbox is going to be built tomorrow. 

Join the Conversation! 
💬💬💬


6 comments:

  1. This is looking so good, Debra. Isn’t planning a landscape fun? Notice I said planning (not planting). Actually, planting is fun, but only in nice conditions and with a good back, LOL. Your area already is lovely and functional. Love that you added the tree stump. I bet it won’t take long for your plantings to fill in and become an outdoor haven for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! ha! Planning anything is easy. Implementing it is the hard part.

      I'm trying very hard to refrain from overdoing the plants. I know they will grow and I just have to be patient.

      Delete
  2. It looks great! Outdoor spaces really help us to not feel so confined as we’re home bound these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and I really want my neighbors to come over and visit. If I am out, they will talk to me. Otherwise, no one knocks on the door.

      Delete
  3. It is lovely and as it grows, it will be even prettier. Did you put anything down to help keep the weeds from growing everywhere? I personally hate weeding. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. John and I dug up the whole area and took out the existing weeds. Some may come back but I'm OK with a little weed pulling. It can be cathartic when I have some problem to think about.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!