Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Death Pile

In the reselling community those clothes/items that take awhile to list are referred to as a Death Pile.  Of course the meaning is that it's possible these items have landed in their final home.  It's similar to the languishing UFO.  We've all been there.  In my zeal to recoup my investment, I've finally started listing my Death Pile clothes.  Mine landed in the Death Pile because they are unusual, they are hard to photograph or they are hard to measure.  You wouldn't think those characteristics would keep absolutely lovely, useful or quirky clothes unlisted but until now, they have.

As I've worked through today's clothes, I uncovered a few gems.  In light of my recent trip through Anthropologie I immediately remembered why I originally bought these clothes.

Sometime about 3 years ago I wanted an embroidered denim skirt ala 1970s Baby.  I still want one.  I bought this skirt and wore it a few times.  Turns out when I put on 20 pounds it didn't fit any longer.  Now that the 20 pounds are gone, I am reinspired to turn it into my embroidered denim skirt.  I slipped it on and it fits again.







 I don't have a problem letting a manufacturer do the heavy lifting for me.  I like the way this has been distressed.  It's a lightweight denim so it would be easier to add some hand embroidery than the heavier denim.  I'd most likely do mainly machine embroidery but a little hand work to finish it out would be cute.

While this skirt is not gathered like the Anthropologie skirt, it is linen.  I think it would be fabulous with some machine embroidery mixed in with the brown flowers.  I don't typically wear brown but with some hot pink flowers I'm OK with brown in a skirt.  This could be cute too!  I hope I have the courage to tackle the embroidery! 



I'm now into Size 1 Chico's jackets so a whole bunch of jackets I had purchased for my Poshmark Closet have caught my eye.  This metallic floral damask number is sassy with its biker chic look.  Hands Down Chico's designs the best jackets.   I'm going to keep it! 




I thought I would be finished listing today but I seem to be running out of steam.  Maybe one more day!  

Please Join the Conversation!
Any of your old clothes look good to you again?

💬💬💬


4 comments:

  1. Such nice items, the embroidered denim is going to be a fun project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your merchandise is outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My old clothes have looked good to me for probably a decade. It might be good to find some new old clothes. LOL I don't tend to change with season or with styles. Size 1? If I were a size 1, I'd be emaciated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that jacket. I'd keep it too. I wear the same couple of outfits over and over. I really should get rid of all these clothes that are hanging in my closet. I saw a rayon/linen skirt at Goodwill yesterday when we were looking for shirts for my husband (who is as cheap as I am). Now I wish I'd bought it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!